Quad Mini Racer
Developoing a mini quad racer with a maximum weight of 250g
The austrian “Drone Law” see BMVIT Drohnenflug Info defines that every UAV below 250g, flying with a maximum speed of 60km/h and a maximum height of 30m is rated as a toy! According to this offical BMVIT inofromation taking pictures and making videos should be possible without any permissions!
Table of Contents
Many thanks to bind.ing for the design of the frame and all the help building this mini racer.
Here I’ll post some info’s about the used components and some pictures.
- Frame: custom made carbon frame designed by bind.ing. It’s light weight and should be extremely durable.
- Motor: Brotherhobby Tornado T1 1407 3600KV
- Propeller: HQ Durable Prop 4X4.3X3V1S
- Flight controller: OMNIBUS AIO F4 V5 Flight Control
- ESCs: Typhoon 4in1 S Racer ESC 4x30A
- FPV Cam: RunCam Micro Swift
- Video TX: Eachine VTX03 Super Mini 5.8 G 72CH 0/25 MW/50mw/200mW FPV Transmitter
- RC Receiver: FrSky X4D-SB receiver
- Battery: mylipo.de Parcour 8504-race 4S 850mAh50/100C
A real racer needs Betaflight ;-) Currently Betaflight / OMNIBUSF4 (OBF4) 3.2.4 Jan 10 2018 / 23:02:13 (90d32fd56) MSP API: 1.36 is installed and the first hover test was pretty good.